Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Croup

Miles has (had?) croup! Poor kiddo, it was pretty scary for about an hour last night, but he's fine now (and so are his parents). He went to bed at his usual time of 7:30 and he was fine. But when I went to bed at 10:30, he was wheezing and coughing and crying, and just so miserable. And the cough sounded horrible! I was pretty sure it was croup, but Ethan called the night nurse, and she confirmed it (by listening to him over the phone), and then recommended sitting in the bathroom with the shower running for about 20 minutes. That did the trick! He calmed down, went to sleep, and woke up in good spirits. He has a runny nose today, but otherwise seems fine.

More evidence that Miles is indeed my kid. Though it's hard to see, the lower picture shows him lining up the pear pieces on their ends.


2 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh, Miles!! No more croup, OK? Scary stuff. Glad the humid bathroom did the trick. I love the pears pic - Miles, did you know your mom is totally anal about having things in order? Shortly after we first met, your mom showed me her [insane] organization method, based on colored pens. Has she trained you on bananas yet? Sheesh. Be nice to her, though... You all need your rest!

Eva said...

Yikes, how scary! I hope he has a better night. Love that he's starting to line things up -- only straight lines!!!