Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Communicating

Miles has really taken off with his language the past month. With his body language and growing vocabulary, I think that I understand him about 80% of the time. I know that he gets pretty frustrated if I don't understand him. Also, Miles will throw himself on the ground when something disagreeable is happening (saying "no" about something, leaving the playground, or taking something away). It's hard to not smile because his tantrums are actually kind of cute.

Some recent milestones:
  • Miles can sing the first part of "Row, row, row your boat." (It's cute.)
  • The other day, he had a blanket on his head, and he then pointed to me and said "Mama no hat."
  • He points out "big, big BUS" every time a city bus passes. I thought he could really distinguish between big and small, but I think he just says "BIG" because I usually refer to them that way.
  • Miles can say "up, please" when he wants to be picked up.

Miles starts his new day care classroom tomorrow, Toddler Three. It's a big jump from the Peanut Patch (he's skipping two classrooms!), but the teachers and director think he's ready. Happy Back-to-School, Everyone!

(Sorry, no photos today!)

No comments: