Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving

It has been years since I've spent Thanksgiving with my actual family. Years of graduate school and living far away from my parents created a tradition where I spent the day with friends. So, for the first time in many years, four kids were home for the weekend.  Gene & his family, Gary, Greg, and Miles & I shared a lovely meal with my parents on Thursday.

Friday? CHAOS! I took Miles to see "Penguins of Madagascar" (recommended!), but the first theater we went to was 21+ only (I guess it has a bar), so we had to brave the local mall. After 45 minutes of looking for parking and many bad words uttered, I was about to give up when we found parking.

On Saturday, Miles & I spent much of the day at the Seattle Center.  Each December, they set out an enormous train set which occupies quite a bit of space. Kids are allowed to be conductor.  Then we saw "Dick Whittington and his Cat" at the Seattle Children's Theatre. 


  

  

I simply cannot believe that it's December...wishing you lots of love this month!

No comments: