![]() |
| My friend Adam Resnick took this photo of Miles in November |
I see that my last post was in October. And I know that this blog is titled "Miles Remmel" but his life is (obviously) linked to mine. And in a word: challenging! I think of myself -- mostly -- as a pretty positive person, but the last several months have been rocky. Starting at the holidays...I was missing my parents, especially my mom. But I couldn't feel too sorry for myself because I ended up with pneumonia! (What a drag.) My Christmas miracle was antibiotics.
Miles and I had a lovely, mellow Christmas (seems like such a long time ago!), spent with friends in Bellingham. And two days later, we were in Florida with the Remmels. Miles had a great time swimming and beach-combing with his cousins. I enjoyed the warmth and sun, which aided my recovery. Miles then contracted an upper respiratory infection and missed three days of school. Poor kiddo (poor Mom!).
AND THEN (yes, there's more, but I'll make it short)...I'm in a cast and crutches, due to a torn foot muscle. I got the cast on my birthday, and it comes off on MARCH 26! Miles has been super helpful, and gaining independence, but it's really, really, really a bummer. Understatement of the year.
School is going well for him...he's working on a Science Fair project. BIRDS: FLYING WONDERS! and he is able to explain Bernoulli's Principle. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment