Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2014

LEGO Contest

Our local, independent bookstore -- Village Books in Fairhaven -- sponsored a LEGO contest last night.  There were about 14 entrants in two age categories (ages 4-9 and 10-15).  Miles signed himself up for the contest, and spent about 7 hours total building this "robber hideout" over the past three days.  All the entrants got a bag of LEGO-shaped candy, and the bookstore judges deemed the winners.  Miles didn't win, but said to me "I'm not too sad about not winning because I just love building."  

Miles wrote the narratives himself, and wrote his age as "6 11/12" when he registered. 

I couldn't really capture the image inside, but there is a LEGO robber mini-figure, with a couple of dogs and money in there.
I'm so proud of how hard he worked on it!  We had a busy weekend, complete with a hike to one of my favorite old-growth stands in Whatcom County: