Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 10, 2014

February!

Well, let me just say that 2014 has been super crazy.  Work is as busy as I've ever been, for a variety of reasons -- several job searches in my College, a new initiative I'm working on, and a little bit of travel -- which has me slightly frazzled and yearning for some downtime.  I was in DC two weeks ago for a Climate Change conference, which was good (if not discouraging), and my parents came to Bellingham to be with Miles.  We all survived; and though I missed Miles, it was kind of a nice break to take off Mommy hat and don the Professional Grace hat.

Despite how busy I am, during the weekends, I insist that Miles & I do something "active" every day. Last Saturday we went on a quick hike near Bellingham, and on Sunday we went on a "ride-run" as Miles calls it.  I run, and he rides his bike.  It's a pretty good workout for me, and Miles gets to whizz by me.  All good, but kind of muddy. :-)


Miles continues to love school -- he is becoming a great reader and speller ("through" and "their" and "stethoscope" (I gave him that one)) and genuinely enjoys being in school.  This Wednesday will be the 100th Day of School.  Time flies

No comments: