Mid-April! How did that happen? Miles & I went to San Francisco for Easter weekend, and we extended it into a long weekend. Miles's and my spring breaks didn't coincide this year (actually, they never do) so I had to resort to some creative scheduling. But we had a great trip. The Remmels met us there, and Seth was there visiting as well. Some photo evidence:
 |
| Miles and Grandma Kathy at the Sabloskys' house ON THE BEACH. |
 |
| The loot: 21 eggs |
 |
| Seth and Miles |
 |
| "Mom, all that was in here was a HARD-BOILED EGG!" (Well duh, kiddo!) |
 |
Capped off a great visit at my sister Gigi's house with her beau John,
our cousin Jane (visiting from England!), and Aunt Ann (coincidentally visiting from Seattle) |
 |
| On my beautiful Mom's 70th birthday!!!! |
Life continues to be busy (in a good way). I have a new project this quarter which is challenging and engaging. Miles continues to thrive, but he hates good-byes. He had a hard time saying good-bye to Grandma Kathy, and just today after a short visit with my parents, he cried when we left. My parents spent the day with him, and my nephews Jordan & Jackson, taking them to the beach and McDonald's. The boys then happily played with LEGOs in the afternoon. I went on a long run and met a friend for lunch, which felt so luxurious. I don't often get that kind of break.
The ensuing weeks will bring more of the same. Between spring break and the end of the school year, it's a marathon...I hope Miles continues to love school. Lately there have been a
few "I don't want to go today"s but for the most part he is eager to be there. Miles's school has their musical for primary grades on April 25th and Miles has a "speaking part" (8 words).
Hope everyone is having a great spring. We had SNOW yesterday -- in Western Washington!!! -- and I am so looking forward to some sun and warmth.
1 comment:
It's great to see your smiling family!
Miles looks happy and adjusted. What an adorable kid... he got good genes ;)
I was just thinking about you and wanted to check in. Looks like you're enjoying the beauty of the season.
Love,
mel
Post a Comment