A seemingly momentous day today; I sent Miles off to Kindergarten at Lowell Elementary School. No tears shed, his or mine. I am sad that Ethan isn't here to see what a great kid that Miles has become, and I know that he would be so proud of our son. I think Miles will do fine; there are several kids from his preschool in his classroom, and I really like his teacher, Ms. Linville. Lowell is just three blocks away, so an easy walk to and from school. I plan to do the daily drop-off, and Hillcrest will pick him up after school, starting at the end of the month, when I start teaching again.
 |
| Too-big backpack! |
 |
| Running toward Mason's house |
 |
| Mason & Miles...neighbors and friends. They've been at Hillcrest together for 4 years! |
 |
| Our beautiful neighborhood school |
3 comments:
LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the lovely photos, Grace. Miles looks wonderful. I am delighted that he is going to Lowell. The teachers will love him as much as we do. Believe me, as a former school principal, Miles will be a joy to teach and have as part of the school community. He is a tribute to you and Ethan. Lots of love to you and Little Mouse Ears, Kathy
Beautiful neighborhood and school! I am so excited for Miles (and Reece). Kindergarten seems awesome - so many fun things to do and so many ways to grow. It's going to be fun for us to watch them become more confident and competent. Yeah for Miles and Mom!
Post a Comment