Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sigh, when will summer arrive?

Hello Blog Followers,

It's July 1st, and true to the Pacific Northwest, summer will hopefully make its presence known on July 5th.  Seriously.  June was pretty eventful for Miles and me, so I am grateful that July will mellow out somewhat.  Emblematic of our month was a busy weekend...yesterday (Saturday), Miles, my mom, and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo (http://www.zoo.org/).  As with our previous visits this year, it drizzled on us. 

With the busy month and lots of visitors and activities, Miles has been a bit sleep-deprived.  He fell asleep while waiting for dinner, at about 6:00 and I just let him sleep, which he did until 7:00 this morning!  I think he really needed to sleep! 

My mom (the intrepid naturalist-to-be), Miles, and I went on a low tide beach walk this morning on the Edmonds waterfront, where we saw amazing marine life.  Miles mostly loved the sticks, but did really enjoy seeing the Sunflower Sea Star. 

This afternoon, I brought Miles to his first major league baseball game.  Ethan's beloved Red Sox were playing the Mariners, and had Ethan been alive, I'm sure we would have gone together, so it was important for me to bring Miles.  We sat in "view seats" and Miles did great!  We only sat for the first two innings, and then wandered around Safeco Field.  The Red Sox and Mariners split the 4-game series. 



Miles on the carousel. (The little girl behind him amuses me.)

"Turkish Towel Seaweed" and stick



Miles did NOT want to take a picture with the Mariner Moose.  (I just asked the moose if he got bored doing this.)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I love the Mariner Moose! How did the moose reply to your question? I think most days it would be very fun to be the moose.