Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day

Miles & I had a lovely, yet uneventful weekend.  Which is to say "not much happened."  I can't describe the past two days as relaxing, but it's nice to have unstructured days.  To wit, we started our Sunday as usual...breakfast out (shiitake & crab crepe for me, ham & cheese croissant for him).  Then I remembered that there was a Kids' Dash just before a local 5K race.  So he ran one lap around the WWU track before stopping five feet from the finish line.  "Mama, I'm tired!"  So I held his hand and we finished together and he got a ribbon.  Yay for kid-friendly events! 

In the afternoon, we took a long walk with our neighbor and dear friend Gene.  We went to Boulevard Park, and Miles was lucky enough to see two long trains zoom by.  Then, dinner and a bath...he fell asleep right away. 

We've been spending lots of time, just the two of us, punctuated by chance encounters/meals with friends, which has been lovely.  The Bellingham Farmers' Market is in full swing, and we've been stopping by for lunch and shopping after swim lessons on Saturdays. 

Though generally drama-free, Miles can be pretty temperamental...he had a mini-meltdown because I forgot to let him push the crosswalk button: "Mama, you broke my heart into splits and pieces!"  I usually counter with sarcasm, "you can get a new Mommy" to which he always replies, "no, you're my nicest and best AND meanest Mommy ever."  Ah, four year olds! 

 Miles & Eric listening to Jim read Busytown


Miles at the track --he's wearing Crocs because the race was spur-of-the-moment, and he said he wanted to wear them anyway. 

No comments: