It's been a whirlwind December so far...WWU finals were this week; I'm in the midst of grading and prepping for next quarter's classes, and trying my best to not be a Scrooge. Miles wanted a tree this year, and I was not sure. But it *is* Christmas, and I'm determined to have at least a bit of holiday spirit, so we bought a 5' Noble fir this morning. I have to admit that it does look and smell nice! We don't have many ornaments -- a few from my days in Minnesota, a few hand-made ones from Miles's years at daycare, and a few from Ethan. I'll let Miles pick out a few at the local store this afternoon, and maybe the tree won't look so bedraggled. But you know what? It's beautiful no matter what.
Friday, December 9, 2011
Almost Christmas
Last year at this time, we were looking forward to a Remmel family Christmas. Ethan's dad, sister Rachel and partner Linda, and their kids William and Benjamin were spending the holidays with us. And this year is well...kind of hard.
It's been a whirlwind December so far...WWU finals were this week; I'm in the midst of grading and prepping for next quarter's classes, and trying my best to not be a Scrooge. Miles wanted a tree this year, and I was not sure. But it *is* Christmas, and I'm determined to have at least a bit of holiday spirit, so we bought a 5' Noble fir this morning. I have to admit that it does look and smell nice! We don't have many ornaments -- a few from my days in Minnesota, a few hand-made ones from Miles's years at daycare, and a few from Ethan. I'll let Miles pick out a few at the local store this afternoon, and maybe the tree won't look so bedraggled. But you know what? It's beautiful no matter what.

It's been a whirlwind December so far...WWU finals were this week; I'm in the midst of grading and prepping for next quarter's classes, and trying my best to not be a Scrooge. Miles wanted a tree this year, and I was not sure. But it *is* Christmas, and I'm determined to have at least a bit of holiday spirit, so we bought a 5' Noble fir this morning. I have to admit that it does look and smell nice! We don't have many ornaments -- a few from my days in Minnesota, a few hand-made ones from Miles's years at daycare, and a few from Ethan. I'll let Miles pick out a few at the local store this afternoon, and maybe the tree won't look so bedraggled. But you know what? It's beautiful no matter what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment