Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Puzzles (and crazy-making)

With no help from me, Miles has been completing jigsaw puzzles (24 pieces):

Here he is, hard at work on another:

On another note, Miles has been driving me CRAZY lately. I know that I have written before that I don't know whether it's (a) grieving, or (b) being four. It's likely a combination of both. The 4 hours between school pick-up (4:30) and bedtime (8:30ish) are sometimes dreadful...lots of defiance, whining, and unpleasantness. And of course it coincides with the time that I have to prepare dinner, clean (wish I could give him that chore!), and bedtime routine...AAAAAHHHH! However, I would like to say that the vast majority of time, Miles is absolutely a joy...but it's these occasional times of defiance that I really, really miss having a partner. :-(

And then there's the other 90% of the time when Miles is snuggly and happy...today, he LEAPT into my arms at pick-up and said, "Mama, I'm sooooooo happy to see you!"

No comments: