Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sol Duc

Great weekend (mostly, see below) at Olympic National Forest here in Washington State. We -- Ethan, Kathy, Miles, Seth, and I -- went to Sol Duc Hot Springs for soaking, hiking, and relaxing. Miles is a great hiker! We hiked 1.6 miles round trip from the trailhead to the Sol Duc Falls...in the snow! We had beautiful weather, and the soaking pools were perfect...nice and HOT!
"Sol Duc" means sparkling water in the native Quileute language...Miles had fun throwing rocks and sticks into the river. I splurged for a massage (!) and read chick-lit. On the way home, Miles kept saying that he had a tummy ache, and I didn't take it too seriously until he threw up all over Seth. Poor kiddos! Seth was super nice about it, and Miles was okay, too.

More photos at http://gracesadventures.shutterfly.com/193

No comments: