Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

February

I'm sorry...I've been remiss in updating this blog.
1. No camera. But it's now a priority, as Ethan's camera is also broken (only takes videos).
2. Life is busy...but in a strangely discombobulating way. I'm on sabbatical this quarter and next, and supposed to be writing the chapter of a book in collaboration with the great folks at Sightline Institute in Seattle (http://www.sightline.org). But it's hard to focus, as you might imagine with Ethan and everything else. So, I've committed myself to working 2-4 hours a day during the week -- reading, researching, and eventually...writing. No Facebook, no e-mail. It's rough.
2a. I joined a gym, and am working out several times a week (spin class, yoga, Power Pump (ugh, weights), and Zumba (I am *NOT* coordinated!) Sabbatical is about recharging, right?
3. Miles continues to amaze me and make me laugh at least a dozen times a day. Ethan and I went to Hawaii for a week (see our adventures at http://ethanremmel.blogspot.com), while my parents watched him. I spoke on the phone with him only a few times because he kept saying, "I want you to come home now!" But on the last day, Miles did sing me a song, to the tune of "You are my sunshine." It went like this:
"You are my yo-yo, my only yo-yo, you make me ha-peeeee when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my yo-yo awaaayyyy. Mama, did you like my song?"

Though he doesn't like to talk on the phone, and doesn't "get" that I can't see what he sees, he did relate some events to me, with accuracy: he gave his lion a haircut (he cut the whiskers off a stuffed lion with real scissors), he went to the beach and threw rocks in the water, etc. I missed him, and was super happy to see him. He was kind of clingy and super sensitive tonight at bedtime.

He's bossy (hm, like who else?), opinionated, and assertive, and is always telling me what to do. ("No Mama, put your head on THIS pillow!") But he's soooo incredibly sweet and adorable too. The "worst" of the Terrible Threes seem to have passed. I wish I could remember all the funny and sweet things he says. His major entertainment is still vehicles, and lots of pretend play.

I hope to have a camera soon (it's down to either a Canon S95 or Canon SD4000IS).

~Grace

No comments: