Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Potty Training

Miles is so close to being out of diapers! Twice this week, he has come home from daycare with the same (dry) pull-up diaper that he left the house in. The teachers say he's doing great! When we get home, he wears Thomas the Tank Engine "big boy underwear" and has had a few accidents. Good thing we have hardwood floors. But for the most part, he's getting the hang of things. 99% of the time, when I ask him to pee, he'll go to the toilet and do it. (One M&M per pee doesn't hurt!) But it's less often that he'll anticipate needing to pee and do it proactively.

I wish I had a video of this, but tonight, he was shaking to maracas while naked and dancing in the kitchen. Too funny!

Miles's language is really taking off! He is able to convey "complex" (to a 3 y.o.) thoughts and emotions:
  • "Mama, I'm sad buh-cuz I miss my puppy/Dad/Grandpa."
  • After a short tantrum: "I'm happy now!" This actually happens pretty often. He'll throw himself on the floor for a few minutes, and it's over pretty quickly.
  • Grace: "what did you do at school today?" Miles: "I pwayed LEGOS, and I was very friendly." Grace: "what does that mean?" Miles: "I didn't wap or kick anyone!"
  • "Mama, that man's not wearing a helmet!" (Random people riding bikes who don't wear helmets. Yeah, Miles is the kid of Safety Grace.)
Still no camera, sigh...

No comments: