Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

What a wonderful day!

Putting Miles to bed last night, he exclaimed: "what a wonderful day!" Followers of this blog will remember that Miles loves all sorts of vehicles. We started the day taking Amtrak to Seattle (actually, Edmonds). Miles really enjoyed it, and I love seeing the world through his eyes.

My parents picked us up, and we had a nice lunch at their house. We then all returned to Bellingham in the evening, and had a party for Miles at Lake Padden, a local park. I planned just one game, throwing beanbags into a front loader. Although there are only boys in this photo, there were two girls there, Nora and Ewizabef (Elizabeth), who luckily like trucks as much as the boys!

Jim graciously manned the grill, and we enjoyed pretty good food and a moderate amount of sugar. Thanks to the Barefoot Contessa, I made a construction vehicle cake, complete with crushed Oreos for dirt. Miles really enjoyed himself today, and I am truly blessed to have this little guy in my life. Thanks for a great three years, Kiddo!

No comments: