Miles has been quite interested in letters and numbers lately. He can “count” to ten: “one two free five seven eight nine…fourteen!” Of course he doesn't know their value but it's fun counting with him. And he knows several letters. A few weeks ago, he put together two pieces of macaroni and said “T for Thomas.” He identifies “yetter I” and “number 1” and other yetters: I, X, Q, H, M, and T. We watch “The Letter Factory” and I think it’s helping with letter identification and phonics because if I ask “what does the M say” Miles will reply “mmmm.” For several months now, Miles has being saying “two” for any plural items. I’ll ask “how many?” and if it’s more than one, the answer is always “two” though he is starting to say “many” or "free."
Monday, February 8, 2010
February...
It was pointed out to me that I hadn't posted in awhile, but my camera is broken, so I don't have new pictures. Here's a nice picture of Seth, Ethan, and Miles in our backyard just a few days ago, taken on Ethan's camera. While my friends on the East Coast and Midwest are socked in by "Snow-maggedon" it has been an unusually mild winter, thanks to El Nino.
Miles has been really doing great. He's becoming increasingly verbal, and is able to (sort of) describe his day to me: "I played wif toys and Teacher Grace." (Yes, he has a teacher named Grace.) He'll also say "I yike Teacher Grace" and "I yike so-and-so." This morning, another little boy at daycare named Hanson came over and hugged Miles. It's irresistibly cute.
Miles has been quite interested in letters and numbers lately. He can “count” to ten: “one two free five seven eight nine…fourteen!” Of course he doesn't know their value but it's fun counting with him. And he knows several letters. A few weeks ago, he put together two pieces of macaroni and said “T for Thomas.” He identifies “yetter I” and “number 1” and other yetters: I, X, Q, H, M, and T. We watch “The Letter Factory” and I think it’s helping with letter identification and phonics because if I ask “what does the M say” Miles will reply “mmmm.” For several months now, Miles has being saying “two” for any plural items. I’ll ask “how many?” and if it’s more than one, the answer is always “two” though he is starting to say “many” or "free."
You can just see Micah Bunn's foot to the left of Miles. We often see the Bunns on Fridays, and the boys' favorite activity is playing with trains. In fact, if you ask Miles what he'd like to do, he'll say "pway twains with Micah!"
Miles has been quite interested in letters and numbers lately. He can “count” to ten: “one two free five seven eight nine…fourteen!” Of course he doesn't know their value but it's fun counting with him. And he knows several letters. A few weeks ago, he put together two pieces of macaroni and said “T for Thomas.” He identifies “yetter I” and “number 1” and other yetters: I, X, Q, H, M, and T. We watch “The Letter Factory” and I think it’s helping with letter identification and phonics because if I ask “what does the M say” Miles will reply “mmmm.” For several months now, Miles has being saying “two” for any plural items. I’ll ask “how many?” and if it’s more than one, the answer is always “two” though he is starting to say “many” or "free."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment